PRWeb Review – Is This the Service To Choose For Your Press Releases?
Having a website is a lot of hard work. You have to think about your content and you have to make sure you have a strong social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, Google+). Once you have got the hang of that, it seems like you are doing all you can do. However, if that is the way you feel, you are missing an essential element in your SEO strategy, which is writing press releases. Press releases are hugely important. Besides knowing why and how you should write them, however, you also need to know about where to post them. One website that is dedicated specifically to press releases is PRWeb. But is this any good, and can it really help you with your page rankings and traffic?
Why You Should Write Press Releases
There are five main reasons as to why you should include a press release in your SEO strategy. The first reason is that they tick all the boxes when it comes to search engine optimization. Using a service like PRWeb ensures your release immediately goes to a huge range of websites in relevant niches. Each post links back to your website, which will increase your ranking.
Secondly, a press release makes your website look a lot more important. When you announce a new product, service or piece of information by using the press, people will start to wonder why they are not in on the action that you are offering. You will raise curiosity amongst your potential customers, in other words.
Next, one of your goals should be to build a strong brand name, which you can achieve by using press releases. You can send the URL to various journalists, giving them all the information they need to find out what your brand is about. You will also gain more interest from journalists, because you will already have done some of the work for them.
Fourthly, a press release is a fantastic tool to use together with social media. Websites like PRWeb automatically include social media share buttons. Using these buttons yourself, and hoping potential leads do the same, hugely increases your reach.
Last but not least, Google likes press releases. Although keywords are no longer the be all and end all of content, they do still play some part in increasing your rankings. Ensuring you write a natural press release that still includes a keyword as well is a sure fire way to get your rankings even further up.
Who Is PRWeb?
PRWeb is a service designed to make sure that your press releases go out far and wide to the appropriate news sources. They will help you get the publicity and reach that you need, be that on blogs, websites or in the search engines. They understand how important it is to get good press releases out there, but they also know that you are not a journalist. Hence, if you can provide the content, they will make sure it arrives in front of people that want to receive your news.
The system is very simple. As soon as something newsworthy occurs within your business, you write about this. You then choose the PRWeb package that is most suitable for your needs. Last but not least, you use the templates provided by PRWeb to load your news and submit it. PRWeb then does everything else. Considering PRWeb is the most socially shared website of its kind, the reach really is tremendous.
How PRWeb Works
One of the things that is incredibly beneficial about PRWeb is that it is so easy to use. All you need to do is create the news itself, which could be a product launch, hiring a new member of staff, an event, a change in website or anything else that you think is newsworthy enough to announce to the press. Once you have written your press release, PRWeb will get to work on distributing your news across their channels, which includes over a quarter of a million subscribers and more than 30,000 bloggers, not to mention the 3 million monthly visitors the website gets. You can then track what your news is doing and how it is being utilized. It allows you to see exactly who has seen your release and why, allowing you to find out exactly where most of your viewers come from.
How Much Does PRWeb Cost?
PRWeb has a few different packages. It is free to set up an account, and there are no hidden fees that you may come across. The fees you pay depend on each release and what you want to do with your press release. As such, they have:
- A basic package at $99 per release, which places it on the PRWeb site and can appear on news sites and search engines.
- A standard package at $159 per release, which includes social media sharing and sending the release to thousands of news outlets.
- An advanced package at $249 per release, which includes optimization and making sure your release goes to all the most important news outlets.
- A premium package at $369 per release, which includes premium news sites and the ability to attach videos and other types of media.
- A financial package at $499 per release, which will send your press release to important financial news outlets, as well as linking you to publicly traded companies.
It is also possible to purchase additional services, which include:
- Easy submit
- Priority distribution
- News revisions
- News drafting
- Search engine optimization
What I Like about PRWeb
A few things set PRWeb apart from others and that really make it one of the best press release websites out there. Some of the things that really stood out for me include:
- PRWeb is an international company, with offices not just in this country but also the United Kingdom.
- It is incredibly easy to use and you know that your press release will go to millions instantly. This should be hugely important to your search engine optimization strategy, since increasing your visibility will lead to increased traffic as well.
- There are a few different packages available, meaning that you know your release will be seen by the appropriate people.
- The number of people you could potentially reach, even with the most basic package, is huge, with over 250,000 RSS feeds, 30,000 journalists and over 3 million monthly visitors.
- The system comes with a range of free to use tools that will make it easy for you to write a press release that has an impact. There are various hints and tips available for those who are a completely novice at how this works.
- PRWeb is incredibly well reviewed by thousands of previous and existing customers.
- The website also has a strong focus on making sure their customer service is on the ball. Creating an account takes less than a minute, and there are no fees for becoming a member of the site. Email, telephone and written support is available around the clock. Furthermore, a professional editor actually looks through your press releases to make sure they are well-written and follow all the necessary rules.
- The system allows you to track each of your releases, so you know what kind of impact they are having on your bottom line.
What I Don’t Like about PRWeb
I don’t believe that there is such a thing as perfection, hence it is important to acknowledge any issues that I came across with PRWeb as well. As such, some of the things I did not like include:
- The prices for the packages are pretty expensive. The most basic of all postings is $99 per press release, and since we know that it is important to get as many press releases out there to increase curiosity into your product or service, that amount can soon mount up. Considering the most popular and most frequently used package is the advanced package, at $249 per release, and it becomes clear why people would prefer to see some sort of guarantee on their return on investment first. (NOTE: They do offer annual agency rates and packages for those seeking bulk releases, which is what we have used for many years)
- I was unable to find direct contact details of all these bloggers and journalists that PRWeb sends their information to. This will come as no surprise, since it would defeat the object for these lists to be made public, as you would then be able to circumvent the product altogether. However, I would have liked a few more details.
As a website owner and agency owners, I know how important it is to use all the tools that are available to bring more attention to my site and my clients sites. I know that one of the greatest challenges is to have a really wide reach, particularly if you consider that we only have limited time available. Besides writing content and ensuring our websites are fully up to date and following all the search engine rules rules, we also have to update our social media presence and deal with customers and employees, to name but a few things. There simply isn’t enough time to also look into building a truly strong media presence without any help.
PRWeb is there to help with some of the heavy lifting. In fact, they don’t just help you, they take all the difficult parts out of your hands. Their reach is phenomenal and the positive reviews they have received are a true testament to just how good the service actually is. The impact of using press releases in this manner cannot be denied, and since you will also be provided with full tracking tools, you will easily be able to see just how big that impact actually is. Added to this that they have decent customer support to ensure the entire process is seamless.